ready in: 15 mins
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 3 cups milk
- 2.6 oz savoiardi biscuits (ladyfingers) + 2.6 oz amaretto biscuits
- 1.8 oz. cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee + 1 cup espresso
- 3.4 oz (almost ½ cup) rum
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar + icing sugar
- ¼ cup bitter chocolate curls
- ½ ecodose of water (1 ecodose = 250ml)
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan. Meanwhile blend the two biscuits with a mixer, to obtain a flour-like consistency.
Place the eggs in a bowl and add the sugar. Beat the ingredients with a whisk, then add the sifted cocoa.
- Add the instant coffee and rum to the boiling milk and stir. Then add the espresso and the biscuit mixture. Bring to a boil and add the egg mixture and beat the ingredients vigorously with a whisk, without allowing the mixture to thicken.
- Fill ceramic or aluminum molds with the mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Place the molds in the steamer basket and then place the basket in the pressure cooker. Add ½ an ecodose of water. Close the pot and set it to position 1 for 8 minutes. Lower the heat once you hear the first “whistle”.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat, allow the air to escape from the valve and remove the lid. Remove the bonet from the pressure cooker and let cool,
When serving the bonet, sprinkle it with powdered sugar and decorate with chocolate curls and amaretti crumbs.
Recipe of Simone Rugiati