ready in: 20 mins
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
400-600gr savoiardi (based on dish size)
3 small cups of coffee
125gr sugar + 4 teaspoons for the coffee
sufficient bitter cocoa powder
- Take the mascarpone and eggs out of the fridge at least half an hour before starting to make the tiramisu. Make the coffee, add the 4 spoons of sugar and let it cool.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and beat the yolks with the sugar in a large bowl until frothy. Add the mascarpone in spoonfuls and mix well, until obtaining a smooth mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk to form stiff peaks then fold them into the mascarpone cream with a wooden spoon, in slow downwards motions. Mix like that until obtaining a smooth cream.
- At this stage take the savoiardi and dip them evenly in the coffee, quickly (personally I don't like my tiramisu to taste too much of coffee) and arrange them side by side in the dish or selected container.
- Complete the first layer and cover the savoiardi with the mascarpone cream. Continue alternating the layers of cream and savoiardi, finally dust with bitter cocoa (a suggestion: use a fine sieve). Put it in the fridge to stand and take it out at least 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe of Ilaria Bitetto